Significant local community projects
We are committed to developing stronger, better connected, sustainable communities across the UK. This programme allows colleagues to nominate initiatives which will make a real long term difference, benefiting the wider community with our vision to ‘Transform Communities, improving lives locally.
The Asda Foundation wants to have a strong reputation for managing, co-ordinating and delivering programmes which really make a significant difference to local communities and the people who live there.
- Identified opportunities, initiatives and new ways to support local communities;
- Charity/good cause has developed a relationships with local the local store or home office at a grassroots level
- Tackling the underlying problems in your local community
- can apply evidence from programmes of community needs and aspirations to develop their existing model;
- Benefits the wider community and is not just supporting a single user group
- There is a need for this facility locally
- Will make a real long term difference
- Would Transform your community, improving the lives of those who live there
The application process
Complete the eligibility checker if this fits the Foundations guidelines and criteria contact your local store, or home office – Community Champion to see if this is something they would like to work on with you and support locally.
You may fit the Foundations guidelines and criteria however this does not guarantee the store or home office is able to support due to the hundreds of applications they receive.
If the store or home office wish to work with you and process your application form please ensure you complete all of the application form including financial reports and 3/5 year plans where applicable to support your application. Applications must be approved and signed by the project co-ordinator and the General Store Manager.
Applications will be reviewed by the Asda Foundation team if additional information is required the Community Champion will be contacted.
Successful applications will be put to the board of trustee’s who review applications on a monthly basis.
The trustee’s decision is final.
What happens next?
- Project, store, depot or home office will work closely together to ensure the delivery of the application.
- The donation will be made directly to the charity on receipt of the relevant invoices to support the application agreed by the board of trustees.
- The funding cannot be made payable to an individual.
- The donation must only be used to fund the work applied for in the original application.
- A grant agreement will be signed by the charity/good cause and the Asda Foundation.
- As part of the donation – evidence of the work being completed (photos, PR etc) must be send to the Community Champion who on completion of the project
- will submit to the Asda Foundation Manager at Asda House.
- All projects will be available on the web site.
- The Community Champion will be informed.
- A letter will be sent to the charity/good cause by the Asda Foundation.
- The trustees decision is final.
- The charity or local good cause will not be able to re-apply for the same project.